Re: [NTLK] Blunt 0.5 Almost There!

From: Eckhart Köppen (eck1001_at_gmx.net)
Date: Sun Mar 21 2004 - 07:00:24 PST

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 01:20:46 -0500, David Deranian wrote:
> Anyway, I gave it my best shot, and when i went to hit
> the connect button, the Newton crashed and restarted.

There are still two bugs in Blunt: Sony Ericsson phones cause some
problems (some of that is fixed now so that at least the services can
be discovered), and there is another very annoying bug that causes
random restarts under certain circumstances (mostly when initiating a
PPP connection). I'm definitely working on the second bug, for the
first one, it might take a while since I have no SE phone myself to
test with.

Is the crash something you can reproduce? Also, can you send things
using OBEX from and to the Newton and the phone?

> I should also mention that every time the Newton restarts with the
> Ambicom card in the slot I get the error# 48807.

This is the NIE Nitro & Blunt Module acting up. For some reason, it
does not find the other NIE modules and throws this error. I put it on
a memory card so that it gets activated after NIE, but freezing and
thawing helps as well. This is also something I want to solve in the
near future.

> (1) Which menu selection should I be using under both the Modem Port
> and OBEX Port settings?

For the Modem Port, it seems that Dialup Network (1) should work. The
OBEX Port is 10.

> (3) Can you help me construct a proper Internet Setting for Bluetooth,
> so that I can dial my AT&T ISP?

If you use standard dialup, then the setup is quite simple. The setup
you described is probably already correct (generic setup with
Bluetooth, PPP as the connection protocol, configured by the server,
correct username/password and DNS servers are what you need). The login
script should consist three steps: the dial command (something like
"ATDT<phone number>"), followed by "send newline" and ending with "Wait
for CONNECT". If you use GPRS, the phone number is actually "*99#", but
maybe somebody who uses AT&T has some hints for this specific situation
as well.

Let me know if this helped,

Eckhart