[NTLK] Getting address info off Newton to OS X

From: Nicholas Riley (njriley_at_uiuc.edu)
Date: Sun Mar 21 2004 - 14:21:07 PST

Hi,

I got a replacement Ethernet card for my MP2100 last week, so for the
first time in a few years I tried to use it as something other than an
alarm clock :)

Anyway, I discovered I had a bunch of addresses on there, which I
would like to get into the OS X Address Book.

First thing I tried was NewtSync, but it did not sync anything - my
address book was empty. I also tried syncing calendar information but
it claimed I don't have iCal 1.5.1 or later - I have 1.5.2. It did
successfully create a file for the Names soup when I used the XML
dumper, but I don't particularly want to write my own plist->Address
Book converter.

Then I tried Escale, which did sync something, but no postal
addresses, and all the birthdays were in 2040 or so; my Newton gave me
an error message after the sync on two occasions, as well.

Finally I tried Newtourage, and all I can get is "MSE Engine Failure"
repeatedly; the MSE Engine is running but doesn't respond to anything
I try to do.

Has anyone had luck with any of the above utilities under OS X 10.3?
Or is there something else I can try?

Thanks,

--
=Nicholas Riley <njriley_at_uiuc.edu> | <http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/njriley>