[NTLK] Help - need an old-ish StuffIt expander

From: Rhonda Hyslop (0x7ff00025_at_paradox.homeip.net)
Date: Sun Mar 21 2004 - 23:18:55 PST

Yes, this is newton-related...

I decided to ressurect the old LC575 whose ROM I am using for Basilisk
and set it up to talk to my Newton, since I wasn't having any luck
getting Basilisk to use my serial ports and the ethernet stuff just
seemed too old for the kernel I had, so it was a non-starter as well.
Rather disappointing, I was hoping to do everything on my main computer.

So I set up the LC and install NCU, back up my little green friend for
the first time in about 3 years (a very reliable little friend it is,
too...) and then start downloading stuff from UNNA, like Newton Press
and some of the development tools. And StuffIt tells me the archives are
corrupted. All of the ones I downloaded.

This can't be right - I figure that they must simply be too new of
StuffIt archives for the version I have to read - I have version
4.something. The problem is, the StuffIt homepage doesn't offer any
versions that run on less than Mac OS 9.something, and the LC is running
System 7.5...

So here is my plea... does anybody have or know the whereabouts of a
.sea of StuffIt Expander that is old enough to run on System 7.5 but at
the same time is new enough to unstuff the .sit archives on UNNA? I
don't care about the non-freeware StuffIt, all I need is the free
expander portion. The LC is pretty much a dedicated newton
backup/programming/bookmaking computer, so I don't need much
else.

-Rhonda

--
 www.write-on.indy || www.write-on.org   \/  http://history.ubcengineers.ca/
  Discuss the art and craft of writing   /\   UBC Engineers History Project