[NTLK] Alcohol wipes for glasses (was Re: Scratches, NuShield and Klear Screen)

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Mon Mar 22 2004 - 23:39:12 PST

>Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 12:59:50 -0600
>From: nelson <bnelson6_at_valuelinx.net>
>Subject: Re: [NTLK] Scratches, NuShield and Klear Screen
>
>i use a prepackaged alcohol wipe that i use at work on my saftey glasses. It
>is antistatic and does emprove vision so i figured it was worth a try. Screen
>looks great, was a near new screen to start with. Will see what the cleaning
>pads are called when i get to work.

I use some cheap packaged wipes like this for my glasses, too, but I resist
the urge to use them on my Newton or any camera lenses, as nobody really is
sure what they'll do to the coating. Wouldn't want to ruin e.g. a perfectly
nice 2.0/50mm MC lens by damaging the MC part.

A soft cotton or microfiber cloth, or (dry!) lens paper from the camera
shop (Kodak brand) does the job.

Cheers,

DJV.