Re: [NTLK] Racism On The Board (Was "Any Idea Why")

From: Marcel Flores (punkcow110_at_cs.com)
Date: Tue Mar 23 2004 - 17:32:54 PST

Hey everybody,

        Sorry to drag this out even more but, man. Racism sucks and
all that, but NTLK isn't really the place to start feuding about it
all. I am pretty sure Jared is one of the youngest members, maybe in
high school (like several of us). I hate it, but schools are so
saturated with "joke" racism that everyone there is pretty much
desensitized. It is a very sad state of affairs, but it is the way it
is, and people have to deal with it (off list maybe?).

        It is also important to take into consideration that Jared
was most likely not cracking some racial slur either. He was probably
writing the post and was trying to think of some fake currency,
Africa popped into his mind, and he threw some things together that
came along of thoughts of Africa (Discovery channel specials, etc).
I'll admit there is tons of hate between races everywhere all the
time, but I believe this was in no way any example of that.

Marcel Flores