[NTLK] (EXCUSE ME???) Racism On The Board

From: Jared Bland (jrbm689_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Mar 23 2004 - 20:06:37 PST

> Think you're a smart guy, eh Jared? Contrasting US Dollars to "African
> Zazafroomonkies". I take it you're white, or at least, not a person of
> colour. At least, you are an ignorant, heinous ape.

I'm sorry. I didn't want to have anything to do with this thread so I
didn't even read any of the posts. I accidently read one while trying
to delete some excess messages when I came across this one.

Now, I was simply making a comparison between different currencies. I
remembered a currency which I believed was in use in Africa that was
around 5,000-10,000 units per US Dollar. I couldn't remember the unit
name so I picked something I thought might be a bit humorous. I'm
sorry if you found my simple comparison between currencies offensive.

Some people need to lighten up and not take everything so seriously.
This reminds me, I really need to move away from my current place of
residence. Everyone is rude and can't take a joke.

I think the racism and discrimination is continued by people who
emphasize differences between people and cultures.

Assumptions are dangerous things and I try to avoid making them at all
costs. I suggest you do the same, because it makes you look like a
fool.

I have nothing else to say, and shouldn't have said anything in the
first place. I guess I need to wake up to the fact people still care
about these petty things and have nothing better to do than criticize
other people's innocent words.

I think ~I~ need to leave this list. I have received more than my fair
share criticizing for simple questions like "how should I deal with my
scratched screen". I just can't take these types of people anymore.

Here's to a dismal future,
Jared Bland