Re: [NTLK] Some questions here....

From: L A GREEN (lagoff11_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Mar 24 2004 - 06:28:25 PST

ALL OF those questions can be answered by reading the faq which is usually linked at the bottom of the list emails. read that first and if you still have questions after that ask again.

hth,
LAG

José Rosendo Ramírez Román <jose_rmz_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
Hello to everybody in the list, I have some questions about the newton and
how to conect it with my pc. I am new on this so, please don't be angry if
my questions are for some of you silly...

My newton is an upgraded 2000 to 2100, and I have a PC at home (sorry no
mac, at the moment), I don't have a dongle, nor the serial cable, nor an
infrared port on my pc, and I want to transfer files between the PC and the
newton. I have an ethernet card for the newton that I want to use to do the
sync between my Pc and my newton...

My questions are the following:

Is it possible to conect the newton to a PC using the ethernet port on the
pc, and an ethernet card on the newton to install packages and syncronize???
If the answer is yes, what do I need and how can this be done???

I'm missing the ethernet enable package in my newton, where can I get it,
what other files are needed to conect the newton by ethernet???

where can I find applications for the newton, I want an Internet Borwser, an
FTP browser, an email program, and MSN messenger for it????

I want to transfer files between a PC (WinXP) and the newton, I dont have a
serial cable, nor an infrared port... and the Norton conection utilities for
pc seems that only allows to transfer files by the serial port, is there any
other program to transfer files from the pc to the newton that allows to
conect the newton by ethernet, what is its name and where I can get it???

Do you Yahoo!?