Re: [NTLK] [OT] Etymology of Mathematics. Can't let that slide.

From: josh musket (jmusket_at_nmu.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 24 2004 - 09:30:03 PST

Eric Engle wrote:

>Of course talking about "aryans" leads to Godwin's law. Silly.
>
>No one knows where the invading tribes that occupied northern india came from
>for sure. Speculation ranges as far east as Mongolia, and as far west as the
>Ukraine.
>
>If by "aryan" you mean what most people do then the current view is that they
>did not come from northern india.

Damn that National Geographic. Actually, though I was hoping that I
didn't invoke, though if directed in that way, it'd lead to said
invocation. But now I'm curious - are you saying that while the Aryans
weren't from N. India, they did have a significant stay there? Just
wondering. Hopefully we can avoid invoking Godwin's law.

Josh