Re: [NTLK] OT: Mac Question

From: James Nichols (smilr_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Mar 24 2004 - 22:14:41 PST

  I haven't heard of anything regarding the g4 powerbook's fans, but
http://www.apple.com/support/ibook/faq/
is in effect now, for another 2.8 years Apple will be replacing
motherboards for free on the machines affected. Considering they
specify a range of serial numbers, I would like to assume that new
production machines will not have this issue (nothing for certain
however).

On Mar 25, 2004, at 12:02 AM, Evan Scott wrote:
> For example. I know a great many
> of the iBooks have had some serious issues with the display system, and
> a Class-Action lawsuit has popped up from it (if memory serves).
> Specifically, the displays have been dying really early into the
> laptop's life, as a result of a faulty chip on the logic board. Also,
> the 12" PowerBooks have had cooling problems.

---