[NTLK] No Input / Jaggies / Erratic pen behaviour

From: Christopher J. Lowe (christopherjlowe_at_optusnet.com.au)
Date: Thu Mar 25 2004 - 04:10:45 PST

What a community!

My new MP2100 wasn't accepting pen input at all. I finally got it to
take *some* input, but it was erratic at best, and typically in the
wrong spot on the screen.

I tried everything I could find, then finally I found the 'TheJaggies'
page on WikiWikiNewt
(http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/TheJaggies). I was rather
disheartened to think that I might have to disassemble my new baby
Lizzy.

Then this caught my eye:
"Workarounds: Some people are able to make TheJaggies go away
temporarially by simple running a thin card around the edge of their
screen to clean out any dirt that may be confusing the touchscreen.
This is at best a temporary fix."

Earlier in the day, I noticed some salt crystals had fallen onto the
screen. I cleaned them off very carefully, but when I did the card
trick, a few came out from around the screen. Suddenly she was working
just fine :)

And I've used her about an hour since, and she's still working perfectly

Imagine this sort of problem on a new PocketPC - you'd be waiting a few
weeks and spending megabucks on service.

I love this community!!! Thanks guys for helping me fix my problem,
even if you didn't realise you did.