Re: [NTLK] OT: Mac Question

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Fri Mar 26 2004 - 10:38:58 PST

On Mar 26, 2004, at 2:24 AM, Chris Edwards wrote:

> I bourgt a stick of pc133 ram, in theory ok for my G4 but no go, I am
> told the ram specs are more varied the it seems and some pc ram just
> wont work, the USA seem blessed with cheaper Mac usable ram than europe
> (thats novel)

Ram specs can be very particular on the PC as well. You need to know
exactly what you need when you are buying.

Buying from a reputable retailer that knows the mac (or the machine
your are installing on) allows you to buy inexpensive generic ram that
is compatible.

It's true there is some RAM that works in some PC's that won't work in
Some macs (whew!). Of course it also true that there are certain types
of RAM that work in one mac but not another. Both the Yikes G4 (B/W
G3) and the AGP G4 take PC100. But there are certain sticks of PC 100
(double sided) that will only show half there true RAM in the B/W or
Yikes...

I'm pretty sure you can buy from the web source I quoted in Europe also.

Marty