Re: [NTLK] MP2100 stopped working last night!

From: Robert Serna (japecan_at_newted.dyndns.org)
Date: Fri Mar 26 2004 - 16:40:02 PST

Had a scare last night! I was deleting Bernies Bookreader last night then reset the Newton (MP2100) & got the -10065 error (I think message said that the Newton cannot use this card unless it is erased first) pulled the 32 Mb Pretec card out pushed the reset button & nothing happened? Took the battery out plugged in the charger & all the Newton was doing was flickering about every 5 minutes & not computat turning on! So I left it unplugged with cards (Farallon Blue arrow & pretec 32mb Blue) out & the battery pulled overnight! Being that this is my Newtontalk list Newton this morning I tried starting the Newton up but the same symptoms were occurring! So I did a hard reset! Everything came back! Then I put the 32 Mb Pretec card back in & restored everything on the card! No error messages then proceeded to download email using Mail V & the Newton started to download 1 of 2425? I let the Newton download & it stopped at 1240 of 2425 and disconnected (this process took 1 hour 20 min)! my questions now are 1) was
there anything else I could of done? 2) why did it download 1240 emails & stop at March 11th ? 3) Is the Pretec card safe? Any suggestions would be appreciated! Now I'll start deleting the old emails
to get to the current email date

--
sent with a Newton Message Pad 2100 using Mail V