Re: [NTLK] Ouch, Woody! (was Re: Help - gruendelized(tm) MP 130 doesn't turn on...)

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Sun Mar 28 2004 - 10:04:48 PST

On Mar 28, 2004, at 12:12 AM, DJ Vollkasko wrote:

>> Last week I lost my 130 with 120 display and my eMate with PCBmans
>> memory upgrade through the smashed window while parked at my shop in
>> N.E. Minneapolis
>
> Let me offer you my sincerest "ouch"! That's horrible - are you okay?
> And
> will the insurance cover it? What serial number will Newton buyers
> have to
> look out for?
Bummer, I have cold sweats about having my newton stolen...

I often leave it in my car, but my car is steathy (1968 buick) so most
thieves would never bother breaking in.

Still, that competely sucks, I'm glad you have recent backups, you
are a better man then me with respect to that....

I strongly recommend going to or calling the pawn shops in the local
area and letting them know what was taken. They are usually pretty
cool about returning stolen stuff even if they have payed for it in my
experience....

Marty