Re: [NTLK] Newton programs wish list (WAS:Newton MPEG Support/How about PDF?)

From: Robert Benschop (sh075388_at_12move.nl)
Date: Tue Mar 30 2004 - 05:40:14 PST

On 30-mrt-04, at 10:54, Richard Plume wrote:
> I don't need all of it's functionality. Frankly, the fewer things
> I run,
> the better. I'm running so much on my Newton now that I;m running out
> of
> space and am beginning to develop conflicts.

What kind of conflicts? I find the Newton experience very trouble free
in general...

>>> 2 – A new version of Tibet.
>> No source code available AFAIK
> That's unfortunate. It's the one program that made me switch to the
> MobilePro. I use a digital camera a lot and the ability store photos
> off the
> camera on a 1 gig CF card in the MobilePro and upload them anywhere is
> extremely important to me. There are limitations on the MobilePro but
> not
> nearly as many as there on the Newton.

I don't know the MobilePro, but there are a lot of solutions that might
beat the Newton for this kind of functionality out there, for instance
an iPod with a Belkin card reader. As a bonus you get a nice free mp3
player ;-)

> See my first answer.

;-)

>>> 6 – A web browser that can do frames and JPEGs. I know Newtscape can
>>> do
>>> JPEGs but I’m looking for something simpler, more like an updated
>>> Nethopper.
>> Did you try Lunasuite, AFAIK it's quite capable (and crashy too ;-)
> No, I won't be moving to Lunasuite. Nice program but way too buggy.

Everybody here will agree... Does Courier handle frames?

Robert Benschop