Re: [NTLK] OT: USB Pen Drives

From: Marco Mailand (Newton_at_spymac.com)
Date: Tue Mar 30 2004 - 11:11:19 PST

"John Ruschmeyer" wrote @ 28.3.2004 23:54 Uhr / <jruschme_at_comcast.net>:
> On a whim, I plugged it in and copied about a 100mb to it. This time,
> though, I left it plugged into the computer for 36 hours. Since then,
> I've plugged it a couple of times to briefly check for corruption. So
> far, though, there has been no corruption in over 24 hours.
I would say that Windoofs is fooling all of us. It doesn't show the copy
progress bar at all if a copy process is shorter than a few seconds. And at
longer copy processes it makes the progress bar disappearing earlier then
appropriate and continues to copy data to the stick or memory card in the
background or doing some sort of write success checking or whatever. You'll
have to wait until the USB device eject function gives the message "this
card can be ejected now safely" or similar. The whole USB plugging and
especially unplugging technique is highly flaky under windoofs and the MacOS
is only a little bit better, IMHO and based on my so far bad experiences.
And even FireWire is IMHO only a bastard of USB... :-(

Marco