Re: [NTLK] More dumb mac/newt questions: packtype, dock, and newtonbooks

From: John (macnut1_at_gawab.com)
Date: Sat May 01 2004 - 19:26:08 PDT

On May 1, 2004, at 8:57 PM, Rhonda Hyslop wrote:

> * Woody Smith <woody_at_bitstream.net> [ 1 May 2004 17:44]:
>> IIRC the LC can only address 10 MG, and has an 020 processor so it
>> cannot use virtual memory.
>
> Not sure what else is in the LC line, but the LC 575 has (according to
> my other half) a 68040 processor, and in the Memory control panel I
> have
> all kinds of options for virtual memory and 32-bit addressing...
> (which
> NCU won't run without, it quits and says it doesn't have enough memory)

Rhonda, I happen to have a Powermac 7200/120 sitting in the shop
collecting dust. Last time I used it, it was working fine. I'd be happy
to let you have it for just the cost of shipping, if you can use it. If
I wasn't out of work right now, I'd send it at my expense. I'm all for
helping anybody who is making Newton books. The more the merrier! If
you want it, contact me off-list and we'll set it up.
JR