Re: [NTLK] Digital Gourmet Recipie App (was: Cooking)

From: Berthe M. Willumsen (bmw_at_biobase.dk)
Date: Sun May 02 2004 - 01:15:01 PDT

I use the Digital Gourmet application, which I had first gotten for
my Mac and thought would be good for the Newt.

It is not.Not for the Mac either. As an application, I hate it. For
example, when I hit the close button, it asks if I really mean it,
and I have to OK a second button. Makes me mad every time... It does
not accomotate rotation. Impossible with handwriting - recognition is
much poorer than for all other apps (it just ocurred to me: can
applications change the cursive or not recognition setting? I use
cursive.....)

However it is good for shopping lists, and since I've started with it
and I cannot export the information, I'm sort of stuck with it.

Do anyone of the list members have an idea on how to transfer
recipies from Digital Gourmet to other recipie applications?

I seem to recall having seen it on UNNA. Does that mean it is now
free? And for knowledgeable people to work on? Maybe someone can get
rid of that 'sure- you-want-to-close-the-application-
when-you-hit-the-close-button?' dialog box for me.....:-)

Berthe
Denmark, MP2100