[NTLK] Adding a headphone jack to the Newton

From: George Bingham (georgeb1962_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon May 03 2004 - 11:06:46 PDT

Hey all, especially Doug Augustyn,

    I was wondering about the Mod you have done to add a headphone
jack to your Newton. Perhaps this is a dumb question, but by cutting
into the speaker, do you get stereo out of the headphone plug? I can't
see how that would work, but not sure I understand precisely, because
I can find stereo headphone jacks with 3 terminals and with 5
terminals, and the mono ones only appear to have two terminals.

    If cutting into the speaker won't give you stereo, is it possible
to get stereo out by using the line out connection? If so, how? I am
thinking I've seen other sites that showed how to do this Mod,
(besides Doug's) but can't find them nowadays.

Thanks for the help...

George Bingham