[NTLK] Test-driving hot new Dr. Gruendelstein(tm) MP 2g00(tm)-PDA at the Vollkasko-Mansion

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Tue May 04 2004 - 10:06:08 PDT

Dear all,

This is to announce that my Newton-less time is over. Frank Gruendel (of
immeasureable www.pda-soft.de -fame) has not only (once more)
regruendelized my ailing li'l green NOS 2.0-flavored buddy in the most
generous way imagineable, but also topped his already perfect and most
courteous service
by making it possible for this economically challenged personage to obtain
a brand new PDA model from him and serve as beta-tester!

This original Dr. Gruendelstein(tm) MP 2g00(tm) has a blazingly fast CPU,
offers two (!) PC Card slots for easy expansion, the excellent Apple
Interconnect interface *AND* a standard serial MiniDIN 8-socket plus very
high capacity NiMH-rechargeables. Case and display are stonewashed for extra
user convenience (unfortunately, the rumours that this model would also be
pre-shrunk proved unfounded; ;={ huge screen, though ;=} ) and have no
unneccessary frills (besides a -- brace yerself for this -- wallhanger, so
you can use the device as clock on the wall using the genuine Dr.
Gruendelstein(tm) Dot Clock(tm) app, see
http://www.pda-soft.de/dotclock.html). It's a lean and mean machine
operating under an extremely robust and time-proven operating system, which
of course offers full HWR integration and any modern feature imagineable
(rotate screen, text-to-speech, full network integration, full IrDA and
what else - haven't yet been able to test even a fraction of all the cool
features). ;=}
   In short -- a very brilliant, standalone portable pen-based personal
computer that is sure to leave a lasting impression on anybody who
encounters it. According to the manufacturer, the architecture supposedly
is 100% compatible with any upgrade that Mr. PCBMan will come up with for
MP2k, but only time will tell.

I've spent the last two weeks evaluating this device with my very limited
means, and I'm more than pleased. (Some collateral damage of my dilettante
testing hit NTLK, also some precipitated at the Wiki; the management
apologizes for any inconvenience caused.) This is a product that will save
lives.

So, thanks a lot again to Frank for this incredible experience -- I still
find everything pretty unbelievable (in a very nice way, okay!? ;=] ).
C'mon everybody, give this guy a hand! -- Frank, this is your applause!

Sincerely,

D. Vollkasko

P.S.: Thanks also to all the other kind Newtonians who offered sympathy and
help when my Newtie went down. Much appreciated, folks!