[NTLK] [OT] PS/2 CueCat Barcode Scanner to giveaway

From: shannon johnson (leosgson_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Tue May 04 2004 - 15:25:48 PDT

Hello all,

I haven't posted in awhile, though I guess that's par for the course, me
being a lurker most of the time and all. Anyhow, I picked up one of the
CueCat bar code scanners that Radio Shack gave out a few years ago. It is
the PS/2 version, unmodified and never used, I had/have a Mac so it was/is
of no use to me. I recently learned that the spyware can be disabled
(directions on the web), but I'd have no way of testing to see if my work
was successful, so I'll leave the hacking to its new owner,

I will give this PS/2 version to the first person willing to cover shipping
via the USPS service of your choice. It is not worth my effort sell an
unmodified PS/2 CueCat on eBay as modified one are going for cheep. Once it
is modified it will work as a regular barcode reader, no encryption.
Apparently no divers or software will be needed once the encryption is
defeated; the encryption worked with the driver/program as spyware.

If it matters to anyone, my eBay ID is sljohnson and I have a feedback
rating of 221 with no negative feedback.

Contact me off list if you are interested.

Excelsior!
Shannon