Re: [NTLK] Telnet and Newton

From: Marcus Andree S. Magalhaes (marcus.magalhaes_at_vlinfo.com.br)
Date: Wed May 05 2004 - 03:20:58 PDT

Yep. It's possible and that's the _power_ I'm talking about...
the power to control _everything_ from a telnet client.

On MacOS X, you need to enable remote logins in /etc/inetd.conf.

I've used this a couple times when, after installing Palm Desktop,
the GUI couldn't start. The first time, I had to reinstall OS X
from scratch. After reinstalling, I modified the system so telnet
server would start by default. Next time Palm crap crashed the GUI, I
was able to log in remotely, search the problematic drivers and delete
them without reinstalling.

<snip>
> So is it possible to do this from the Newt? I mean, using the Telnet
> client remotely to have Terminal do what you want?
> AFAIK Terminal can direct just about everything on Mac OS X...
<snip>