[NTLK] [Ann] New WikiWikiNewt-Pages, pls. check + give feedback

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Wed May 05 2004 - 10:57:02 PDT

Cheers all,

I've compiled some stuff in the last days on new pages on the
Newton-WikiWiki. Pls. check 'em out, fix any of the obvious and blatant
errors and contribute your wisdom. I bet you know quite a bit more than
this ole newbie!

***
<http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/SecureData?action=BackLinks>Secure
<http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/SecureData?action=BackLinks>Data
(

http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/SecureData) is inspired by
stuff NTLK taught me. It might be opportune if Rhonda, Marty, Dan, Jon and
Ed would check if I represent their wisdom in proper and respectful ways
and whatever is missing. Everybody else invited, of course, too!
What's needed: Descriptions to the various security-related apps and tools.

*** FunWithBooks
(http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/FunWithBooks) is about any
extra fun that can be had with books (export whole text, text-to-speech,
better bookmark solution). I'm looking for any other thing that comes to
your mind that you can do with a book on the Newton besides installing,
reading, deleting. ;=}
I'm especially interested in some more info on XNewtBook, esp. if there's
somewhere a version that *does* allow backing up and restoring the library
soup.

*** NewtonScript
(http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/NewtonScript) definitely is a
topic that's so *not* me. Still, I added links to two ressources - maybe
you can add links to more resources and comments/info to help any
NS-interested Newtonian getting an e-z start.

*** WabaApplications
(http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/WabaApplications) looks at
what you can run with Waba and where to get it. I mean, it's cool to have
Waba and everything, but not much use if people don't really know what to
do with it. Change that, post your favorite Waba app, give a short
description, post a link. Pretty pretty please!

*** Developing Waba Applications
(http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/DevelopingWabaApplications)
is more stuff about Waba, and I don't have the slightest clue. You really
gotta check that and give input. The idea is - as with the NS page - to
create a nice starting point for anybody who wants to get into the topic (=
get interested parties faster on a successful road to developing nice
stuff) and a reference point maybe even for more experience developers.
This needs some help.

*** IrDAConnection
(http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/IrDAConnection) needs info on
how to beam from one Newton to another and other elementary stuff. Also
I've listed some ir-ressources, you might want to check them and add any
you know. Much appreciated!

Please pop over to these pages and contribute whatever you can. It's easy,
it's cheap (free, actually), it's fun and it advances the community (maybe)
with very little effort on your side. Everybody knows something, or can
research a topic and help to compile link lists of documentation.

Much love,

DJV.