Re: [NTLK] 3com 3c589d

From: Dave Abramowitz (david.abramowitz_at_verizon.net)
Date: Wed May 05 2004 - 11:34:32 PDT

On May 5, 2004, at 2:05 PM, J.S.Dennison wrote:

> alas, both slots give the same error. the 'other slot' is the lower
> one. and it has lost its ejection mechanism. If I look inside, the
> bottom left pin is bent. I had bought this newt from someone, and they
> claimed both slots still ran. whether this is the case, I'm not sure.
>
> Any other suggestions?

Yes, make sure that your card is chosen in your internet setups and in
the appletalk prefs. This happened to me when I didn't have my card as
"the chosen one'. I've got IM going all day - as I recall there is a
"newtontalk" room in AOL. If you still have problems, check in with me
there, maybe we can figure it out live.

- Dave