[NTLK] wifi - works on 2100 but not on eMate. Why?

From: Paul Vaughan (paulsvaughan_at_yahoo.com.au)
Date: Thu May 06 2004 - 10:42:52 PDT

I've just received my brand new eMate, and tried to
set it up for wifi. I beamed Yoshi's driver over,
filled in all the info exactly as on my 2100. But it
doesn't work!

I have installed all the ethernet drivers etc. and can
connect to my deaktop via ethernet with no problems.
Also, I have checked that the eMate is running the
latest system patch, and I have installed the memory
upgrade.

When I try to use Courier, the eMate gives me all the
correct signals, eg 'engaging ethernet driver',
'looking for host' etc, and the activity light on my
card is on. But it times out and tells me it's
disconnecting. The diagonal bars on the 'looking for
host' box don't move, and nothing actually happens.

With EnRoute, I get the error message that the DNS
server is not responding.

When I replace the card in the 2100, everything works
fine.

As I have used the card in several different 2100s
with no problems, so I thought that the MAC address,
local IP address, DNS server address etc, were
independant of the actual machine I had the card
plugged into.

Any ideas?

TIA

Paul