[NTLK] NHWR algorithm (was: The future of handheld devices?)

From: doug_at_ispinn.com
Date: Thu May 06 2004 - 11:32:54 PDT

Oooh, oooh, I'm psyched. I've been thinking about this for a year or more.

Larry Yaeger and I exachanged emails briefly on this a while ago. I've
been thinking about a way to decompose the handwriting to start the
process, and with the documentation that Larry has provided, plus the
ideas I have in mind already, I'm wondering how close we could get to the
recognition stats the 2100 currently has. It wouldn't be a quick
time-to-market metric by any means, but I'm wondering how well it could be
done.

Here are some critical pieces of the puzzle, compliments of Larry Yaeger:

   http://homepage.mac.com/larryy/larryy/ANHR.html

Doug Parker

> The handwriting recognition part will be difficult
> unless there are some good and public algorithms
> for bitmap -> to text recognition

Steve