[NTLK] [OT] Re: AVIBD MATRIX - Adult Newton Software

From: Brian (bmcewen_at_comcast.net)
Date: Fri May 07 2004 - 04:23:59 PDT

On Friday, May 7, 2004, at 02:59 AM, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net wrote:

> Subject: Re: [NTLK] [OT] Re: AVIBD MATRIX - Adult Newton Software
> From: Mike Burrell <mburrell_at_stny.rr.com>

> Society today screams, "HAVE AT IT! IF IT FEELS GOOD DO IT!
> NO REGRETS! NO CONSEQUENCES!" That is exactly why teen
> pregnancy is out of control, AIDS and other sexually
> transmitted diseases not to mention sexual crimes.

Keep in mind that Europe (likely the originating region of your
religion, not that I'm asking but statistically likely) consistently
bests the US (by a lot) with lower teen pregnancy, lower STDS, you name
it.
Despite the lesser outcry over display of the human form. Which is
what we are talking about here, remember.

This is a group list and as such it has representatives of all peoples,
countries, holding all sorts of opinions etc. If you leave any place
where someone has different (NOT lacking, different) mores from
yourself, you're going to be leaving lots of places in your life, guy.
It's a Big World.

I would advise against visiting or installing the anime backdrops if
you don't like the idea; their availability would have been a tiny blip
on the list had you become publicly agitated. Hang out, learn some
newton stuff, and when someone posts something that you personally
would not use (whether it's backdrops or a calendar of Wiccan holidays
or potentially tedious freeware literature from the 1800's (sorry to
the other guy)) just realize it's something you don't need to use on
your own Newt.

And don't be worried about posting again in the future, this list is
generous, I saw a post on here last digest from a former lister who
started off quite on the wrong foot, things have been fine after an
initial misstep. We're here for the Newts! first of all.

Brian

--
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that
we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only