Re: [NTLK] [ANN] LPR Driver 1.0

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Sat May 08 2004 - 23:46:49 PDT

Aux environs du 9/05/04 à 1:25 -0500, sous le titre "Re: [NTLK] [ANN]
LPR Driver 1.0", James Nichols prit sa plus belle plume pour écrire
les mots suivants:
>No errors. The funky thing is that if I try to print to the printer I
>had set up with the old drivers, whatever print driver system is
>actually on my newton goes through the steps of connecting to my print
>server (doesn't actually print - CUPS still hates me) - should the new
>driver be capable of handling an old setup like this?

The new driver probably isn't capable of handling the old setup.
However, the old driver should have cleaned all remainings of the old
setup when you did erase that. I guess this may be your problem.

I suggest doing this:
- freeze the new driver
- try to print, notice that your old setup actually went away
- thaw the new driver
- try to print again and let me know if you have the Choose LPR printer.

Anyone else experienced problems or success with this new driver? Or
does it only work here?

Paul

--
Philosophie de baignoire - consultations sur rendez-vous.
NPDS/NewtonOS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/