Re: [NTLK] Program to announce date, time, etc aloud.

From: L A GREEN (lagoff11_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon May 10 2004 - 11:44:11 PDT

YES SIR ID LIKE A COPY. IF U CAN UPLOAD IT TO UNNA IM SURE THAT ALL WOULD BE JOYOUS.

LAG
MKow1234_at_aol.com wrote:
Hello Everyone:

Somebody recently mentioned that they were developing a script to read text
aloud for the date, time, etc. There is a free program available that handles
these tasks. It is called, "Announce." The prefs can be set so that the
program will read aloud your choice of the day of week, date, year, time, next
appointment, and battery status.

The user also has the choice of having the functions spoken upon startup, or,
with the tap of the icon. I alternate between each of these two options,
because the announcement upon startup feature can be a bit irritating, if one
stops and starts their Newton a lot. If anybody is searching for this program and
can't find it, shoot me an e-mail, and I'll send a copy. :O)