Re: [NTLK] Heap Memory

From: Woody Smith (woody_at_bitstream.net)
Date: Tue May 11 2004 - 15:34:07 PDT

The 2100 or upgraded 2000 has about four times the heap of the 2000.
Heap is like ram and is either 1MG on the 2000 or 4MG on the 2100.
Flash cards do not increase heap but provide storage space as a hard
drive does. In fact large flash card allow you to have more packages
(applications) installed and each installed package uses a small amount
of heap whether it is running or not (unless it is frozen), so a large
flash card will likely reduce yopur available heap.
Woody