Re: [NTLK] Looking for a Newton 130

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Tue May 11 2004 - 22:22:59 PDT

on 5/12/04 1:06 AM, Vaguely Radio at vradio_at_maine.rr.com wrote:

> 3) Apart from the backlight, does the 130 have significant advantage
> over a 120 with NOS 2.0? I realise there is more heap available - is
> the difference very obvious?

In my long experience with both, yes. If you are going to use the 130
seriously, the heap will make a big difference, especially if you want to
load NIE for email. The 120 is essentially useless for email, as its low
heap keeps coming at you like a brick wall. Also, on a 120 the limited heap
can cause problems with such programs as More Info, Action Names, or
DateMan, which expand your Dates and Addresses.

That said, while the backlight on a 130 is a wonderful thing, the bright,
crisp screen on the 120 is a delight. :-)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland