[NTLK] I have it now!!

From: Edmund Blackadder (edmund_at_helmug.gr)
Date: Thu May 13 2004 - 00:31:06 PDT

And Yes the postman arrived...7 am!

I am very happy

The box is almost intact

The MP2000 IS intact! Totally. I examinden the screen from every
possible angle. I checked the whole case with magnifing glass.ITS
PERFECT. I feel very lucky cause i thought it was very had to find
Newtons like new.

THe box had EVERY manual (even for en route software, and even all the
small papers tha come with a new machine. 2 cables, for pc and mac, and
dongle. ALso battery case and not Nicd (as was the case here in Uk
AFAIK)

The newt took a soft reset to start. Also the tapping was not working
well for the first couple of minutes. I suppose because of the cold ,
being alone in box for 2 days).

THE previous owner had only add his name.And made a scetch. THen he
dumbed the machine. AM i lucky?
ANyway i performed a hard reser afterwards in order to erase his data.

AND NOW questions. Lots of thems.

Here are the first few.

1) How do i train it for HWR exactly? WHen i write something, is is not
writing properly all the times. I mean: sometimes the angle of the pen
is such that it is not writing properly. Do i have to get used to hold
the pen? Also, HOw hard should i push the pen on the screen. I am only
touching it now. I found a perfect screen and i do not want to spoil
it: :-D

2)Lots of floppy disks in the box. I think i have to download the
software on the disks from unna since i dont have a floppy drive.

3)HOw should i connect to my ibook? O do not have a serial usb adapter.
I do have ethernet and modem pc cards.

4)Where can i setup the PPP connection?

5)The backlight makes a noise when is on. Since it was 7 am and
everyone (in my neighborhood at least) was sleeping. the noise was
quite loud. THe same as with my psion 5mx backlight.After a couple of
minutes i stopped giving attention. Is it normal? I have to try it in
normal sound level conditions also.

Ok they were just the very first ones

Thanks

Kostas Theofilis