Re: [NTLK] newton keyboard

From: George Bingham (georgeb1962_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu May 13 2004 - 08:37:22 PDT

I also have a Newton keyboard, and although I am glad I have it, I
really hardly ever use it. I love the ability to hand-write, and my
writing is clean enough to be pretty accurate. But still, I work in
the tech field and I have to write down code snippets or use language
with a lot of acronyms or words mixed with numbers and such... so
there are times when having a keyboard would be nice.

 I've found that the simplest solution, since I have a serial cable
and dongle at both my PC at work and at home, I just use the Newton
Connection Utilities to type via my PC keyboard. It's got advantages,
in that I can use copy and paste from windows on my pc directly into a
note or outline or whatever. It's a great to record some facts right
before going into a meeting.

George