[NTLK] Please no [OT] again! (was Re: Why, the Wiki of course! What else, silly chile... ;=} (was Re: Text-To-Speech or Newton read my book please))

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Fri May 14 2004 - 04:09:54 PDT

>> And help keep DJ sane.
>
>It's too late. We've lost him...
>
>We like his insanity though.

Huh, be careful what yer asking for, or you'll have an ugly 400 pound
gorilla jumping into the next off-topic pool.

The last mess was soo megatasty, I really had to exert much selfcontrol to
not get into this -- if only to show that arrogance and insults haven't
ever convinced anybody or made anybody look really good. One sets an
example (if so inclined) by one's life and conduct, not with borrowed words
and especially not by shouting around, yelling wild accusations and coming
up with less than logical arguments. These things technically *don't* work
if one wants to make a point about proper behaviour and righteousness, and
even if one doesn't play to convince the other side in a discussion but
plays to the general audience, they will backfire and isolate instead of
impress and convince.
   Oh, and I didn't get into the shootout when classic Egypt and China were
lambasted for being slave-cultures -- something democracies until deep into
the 19th century were supporting too, think of Greece, Rome and the US --
only laudable exception IIRC: France after the revolution. History is more
complex than watching Hogan's Heroes or Xena.

So don't tempt me.

Cheers,

DJV.

P.S.: Did you notice? I actually managed to write this post without even
sneaking a link to either
<http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/FunWithBooks>http<http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/FunWithBooks>://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/FunWithBooks
or http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/MakeNewtonSpeakText in.
Self-control, folks, it's all about self-control! ;=} And I didn't even
mention the Wiki. Ain't that impressive or what!?