Re: [NTLK] How to freeze packages

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Fri May 14 2004 - 07:54:18 PDT

Thomas Isenbarger wrote:

> i had a question about this too. is sluggish behaviour a sign of too
> much stuff in memory? for example, sometimes when i am selecting
> multiple items in my inout box, it takes a few seconds for the check
> mark to show up after a tap the box.

It can be, it can also be a sign of a very cluttered system soup.

The best way to deal with that is:

-Make a reliable backup or two!
-Install TrashPak:
http://www.unna.org/view.php?/utilites/TrashPak

-View the System Soup in TrashPak

-Very carefully remove any entries for applications that you don't use
anymore. If you're not sure, DON'T REMOVE IT. Especially never remove
UserConfiguration, unless you like to scream in agony and pain as your Newton
loses most of its important settings and quite probably crashes.