Re: [NTLK] %20[NTLK]%2re: Things look good so far! {educational software inquiry}

From: MKow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Fri May 14 2004 - 13:50:09 PDT

Hello Everyone:

First, thank you to Allan and Woody, for your words of encouragement. Okay,
that takes care of my daily affirmation.

I received a .pkg file and a short read me file (Writer's Toolkit) via e-mail
today, from my new friend in Scotland! It is too early to tell if this is a
full version or just the demo (Is there any way to tell?), but I will check it
out. This educational software is intended for the Newton eMate; I'm
attempting to evaluate it on my MP 2100 for now, until I receive my new eMate (Very
soon!) Out of respect for the developer, I have promised not to upload any of
this onto www.unna.org until I receive the okay from him, so please be patient
on this.

My new friend also mentioned that he found a hard copy of the original user
guide and commented that it is quite extensive. He is considering sending me
the hard copy, so that I can create a new eBook Read Me file. I've made it
known that we would be grateful to see full versions of (eMate) Writer's Toolkit
and eBase added to the public domain, and he is considering this request.

What does all this mean? It's still too early to say it's a done deal, but
maybe -- just maybe, we're going to get a full version of Writer's Toolkit
added to the public domain. This should be great news to eMate users, especially
those with kids in school.

Keep your fingers crossed. Have a great weekend!

Matt K.