[NTLK] NewtVNC

From: Jeffrey McMurtrie (jeffrey.mcmurtrie_at_rogers.com)
Date: Fri May 14 2004 - 14:55:03 PDT

> thanks. i will keep trying.
>
> when you say you have display selected, do you mean in the "connect"
> box that appears upon NewtVNC launch (the line that says "Display" and
> has a "0" (zero) next to it)?
Yup. Under general you can choose 'Display' or 'Port', choose Display.
> what exactly does this number do?
No idea, all I know is that it works, lol.
> i assumed it was to choose which display to show on the newton screen.
> what does having "display" selected versus "port" do as far as how the
> newtvnc behaves?
Hmm, I'm not sure.. But if it ain't broke, don't fix it :).
> i have never had to do any port forwarding for something before. can
> you explain it a little more?
I can explain what I do for my Linksys router... In a browser, go to
192.168.1.1 (Your router IP,) click 'Advanced' and then 'Forwarding'.
Under 'Ext.Port' I forward port 5899 through 5901 to the IP of the
computer I want to access (In the format 192.168.1.yyy, it can be found
in system preferences under 'Network,') with the 'Protocol TCP' and
'Enable' boxes checked. This is assuming you're using Mac OS X.. If
you're not just reply and I'll see what I can do for you. Btw, when
you have it working, can you please post this to the Wiki?

-Jeffrey