Re: [NTLK] ON Topic RE OT

From: Eric Engle (engleerica_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sat May 15 2004 - 12:04:09 PDT

> I will assume that you are joking!

Why? Anyway, your assumption is wrong.

> I am sure that Victor has much better
> things to do that monitor this rediculous tit for tat system.

Sure, but I think most people are honest. I think that would be a self
enforcing rule.

> Besides, who wants a bunch of worthless Newton books -- which is exactly
> what would happen if this rule was inforced?

How do you know? I've often thought of doing some philosophy newtonbooks but
haven't bothered for lack of time. Just go to project gutenberg for hundreds of
books which could be converted to newton format.

> Hey, I have an idea. How about for everyone who reads an OT post and
> replies that the thread should be ended/stopped/that it is
> rediculous/etc. have to donate $10 to the Newtontalk list.

That's great: if you have money! As you may know, some people have money, some
don't. But those who don't generally have at least time.

> I would love
> to see that. Victor would be rolling in funds to keep Newtontalk running
> forever.

Um, you're dreaming.

> I am simply amazed by the number of people who complain about OT posts
> when it is their own fault for reading them in the first place. Common
> folks, if you don't like what the OT posts are saying, don't read them,
> but rather delete them!

Sure, but some people have list mode so they get stuck reading other persons
cerebral flatulence. and OT posts are just so much more spam. I have seriously
thought of unsubscribing due to OT posts.

> BTW, for the record, I detest many of the OT thread topics. For example
> the POUTINE ones. But rather than complain, I just skip by them and use
> the DELETE key. Really folks, is it all that difficult to delete
> messages that you don't want to read?

Yes. No one has time.