Re: [NTLK] Nitro an T39m connects to the Internet

From: Christian Armbruster (carmbruster_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun May 16 2004 - 03:59:54 PDT

Hi,

> Using Nitro test I've succesfully sent AT commands to cellphone, I've
> tryed to dial some number and cellphone correctly respond. AT1 return
> ERROR, AT return OK...
>
> Anyway PPP stops at "loading ppp dirvers..." stage

I am not too deep into the PPP stuff on the Newton, but from what I
understand, the PPP drivers is loaded -before- there is a connection to
the "outside". So it is not, that it has something to do with your
phone, but I may be wrong about this.

If you can dial a number with ATDT then it shows, that the hardware is
"seeing" each other and the problem may lay somewhere deeper. Perhaps a
hard reset and the installation of the packages one by one could help
?!

cheers
Christian