Re: [NTLK] [ANN] Free Culture

From: Michael Blazer (m.blazer_at_utoronto.ca)
Date: Sun May 16 2004 - 21:39:47 PDT

On Saturday, May 15, 2004, at 06:27 PM, Kym Della-Torre wrote:

> Hello Michael,
>
> Thank you for your feedback. Free Culture was my first attempt at a
> Newton Book. I had some problems with some of the graphics and some of
> the funny characters that turned up. I agree, it is probably a bit
> small.
>
> I have added to http://freeculture.hmkdt.id.au a copy of the Newton
> Press source document. Please note that I had to change the file name
> such that the extension was .NP and not .NP! you may need to rename it
> after download.

Thanks Kym. I downloaded it, but I can't open it in NP. I'm getting
error -9999: "No XTND translator was found for this file, or Newton
Press does not support this file format". (I'm using a Mac, running NP
in Classic mode.)

Changing the extension to .NP! made no difference.

Any ideas? The only thing I can suggest is for you to try zipping the
file first ... sometimes that helps.

Michael