Re: [NTLK] About .rsrc (was Re: Newbie problems, ebooks)

From: Michael J. Hußmann (michael_at_michael-hussmann.de)
Date: Mon May 17 2004 - 11:06:12 PDT

DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net) wrote:

> So how does this relate to the original question of the useless
> .sit.rsrc-file? (Handing end-user call back to supervisor... ;=})

This should not only be useless, but superfluous as well. There's nothing
particularly interesting in the resource fork of a StuffIt file, so it
could safely be ignored. StuffIt Expander for Windows should happily
extract the archive's contents from just the data fork. (The original
question was about Windows, wasn't it? I cannot check right now.)

- Michael

Michael J. Hußmann

E-mail: michael_at_michael-hussmann.de
WWW (personal): http://michael-hussmann.de