[NTLK] sorry, I'm another newtie-newbie

From: leighonigar_at_spymac.com
Date: Tue May 18 2004 - 11:53:14 PDT

Hi,
I have been on this list for a while now, lurking around but only recently got a Newton in the shape of a MP 110 (I know NOS 2 devices are much better but it was a bargain).
Essentially I was just wondering if there was any software you guys would recommend for this beautiful device. It has a rather pitiful amount of memory being ten years old but I would really like to get a
few thigs going on it.
I would be particularly interested in a text editor if there is one. Or does the soup based nature of NOS make editing text files impossible?
Also although I seem to have figured out most of the features of this device any .pdf manuals for nos 1.3 would be appreciated.

I had a quick look in the archive but it's hard to find anything when I don't really know what I'm looking for, same with UNNA.
I have got package installing to work fine via my ancient PB 190 and 'packager' for os X on my main Mac so that's not an issue.

Oh yes, and does 'Handwriting Practice' actually improve recognition or is it purely for the user to know how accurate his or her Newton is with the current settings?

Thanks!
May this newt be the first of many!
Jacob

---- Msg sent via Spymac Mail - http://www.spymac.com