Re: [NTLK] [OT] G3 won't install

From: Edmund Blackadder (edmund_at_helmug.gr)
Date: Tue May 18 2004 - 18:43:13 PDT

On 19 May 2004, at 02:33, Alan Davis wrote:

> AFAIK Panther will not install on Beige G3's (I have one too) the
> oldest
> models supported by Panther have built in USB (i.e. Blue and white
> G-3's).

Officialy the beige G3 is not supported. BUT there is a very cool
utility XPostFacto that allows the installation of Panther on older
machines. In fact, panther is more than acceptable on a beige G3
performance wise. Just do a customized install in order to save space
or even better install a larger hard disk. X needs aroung 1.3 GB for a
conservative install and it can benefit from up to 3GB swap space :-)
Get the program here:
http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/7594

Kostas