Re: [NTLK] Battery-Warning: How to set level

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Wed May 19 2004 - 00:27:04 PDT

Q: How can I set the level for battery low warnings?

A: Options of SBM does this and is freeware
(<http://www.sbm.nu/englisch/newton/index.htm>http://www.sbm.nu/englisch/newton/index.>htm
-- NOS 2.x only).

Indeed, and as I used to have it (pre-crash) on my MP 130, that how I'd set
it there (gotta do somehting about my memory leak...). Handy item.

That 20% warning comes at a time when my Dr. Gruendelstein MP 2g00 has
still quite a couple days of power in its batts, so this annoying warning
leads to early recharging rather than having to tap that warning slip away
all the time. But that's wasteful and quite detrimental to the NiMHs
lifespan, so...

Well, now this won't be so easy to forget anymore - I put it up at the Wiki
(
http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/ChangeBatteryWarning).

Thanks Robert, Woody, Dan & Alan!

'Kasko

P.S.: Options helps to set the warning level, but isn't here somewhere a
package for setting for the turn-Newton-off level? I faintly remember
having seen battery warning and switching off configured on the same menu
or something. Any clues?