Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V4 #298

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Thu May 20 2004 - 03:51:11 PDT

>Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 00:29 -0700
>From: "Robert Serna" <japecan_at_newted.dyndns.org>
>Subject: Re: [NTLK] Pocket Reader Drivers
>

>On Sunday, May 2, 2004 at 15:39 Allan Ngaparu wrote:
>
>> I thought some of you might be interested there is a seller on Australian
>> Ebay selling the Pocket readers for a Buy Now price of $21.62 ($30
>> Australian), They are Brand Newstill in their packs.
>and they charge $25 to ship to the USA!

Better think twice, the PR is not what I call satisfying technology, so even it is cheap you might feel you spent too much time & hassle on it. I never used mine much as I felt it hard to get a good scan & there always was the horror of the cable. If you think you need a penreader (I do) check out the WizCom Superpen (which will scan & translate, if you just need a way to scan text they have less expensive models for that as well) which will work with the Newton if Eckhart makes a new version of Neo public *nudge_nudge* ;)
The WizCom is in a totally different league in both price & performance, but money well spent, I would not want to be without it anymore.

Oliver :)

--
"The possibilities are endless. I love that."  - Jonathan Ive