Re: [NTLK] [Q] "Do ze email!" - but it don't... (was Re: Testing Brand New Network Card: Arboreto Smitheroni LAN Card con Croce Giacomo was something else)

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Thu May 20 2004 - 07:33:41 PDT

<http://www.simple.dial.pipex.com/>http://www.simple.dial.pipex.com/

<http://www.newtonmail.dsl.pipex.com/>http://www.newtonmail.dsl.pipex.com/

>If you're using POP3 on a machine with little heap and don't need SMTP auth,
>use SimpleMail 3 (available on UNNA). It's smaller and uses less heap.
>
>Other older transports which you may have heard of which are inferior to
the above are:

>-enRoute Mail
>-LunaMail (part of LunaSuite)
>-Eudora Lite / Eudora Pro
>
>All of the above are available on UNNA:
>
><http://www.unna.org/view.php?/internet/email>http<http://www.unna.org/view.php?/internet/email>://www.unna.org/view.php?/internet/email

Thanks for the pointer Victor!

I was already thinking about going with Simon's app, but I wanted to make
this what we newbies call an educated decision - so are there anywhere
reviews and comparisons of mail apps? (would look nice on the Wiki, too, I
reckon...)

Cheers,

DJV.