Re: [NTLK] Freezing packages

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_telebyte.nl)
Date: Sat May 22 2004 - 11:56:40 PDT

On 22-mei-04, at 20:47, Adam Short wrote:
> Given that I don't use standard newton packages like Dates, Notes, the
> calculator, etc. is it worth freezing them to gain performance, or will
> the difference be negligible?

First, freezing doesn't increase the speed but gives you more heap,
(like RAM in a desktop) only if you fill up your heap to the brim will
the speed decrease, in a 2100 or an upgraded eMate you'll have to load
a lot before you'll experience anything like that.
Second, what do you use on your Newt if you don't use the above?

Robert Benschop