[NTLK] UNNA Ideas

From: Jeffrey McMurtrie (jeffrey.mcmurtrie_at_rogers.com)
Date: Mon May 24 2004 - 10:04:34 PDT

Hey everyone, I just thought of a few changes for UNNA which might be
useful. Both are really great (Thanks Victor!!,) and I am not trying
to speak negatively about them :).

Pictures - I don't know if this is possible, but I think it'd be great
if you could upload a pic or two related to an application like (I
think,) at versiontracker.com. Then people could decide the
suitability of an app before installing it on their Newton.

OS Version Search Field - Recently a lot of people have been asking for
a list of 1.x software, so maybe it would be good if there was a
description field where you could select the OS the app works on..

Wiki Links - It may be good to have a place for a few links to the Wiki
in addition to the developers website. For example Tibet could be
linked to a Wiki page about what cameras it works with, etc.

Edit Descriptions - Sometimes descriptions may be incomplete, in need
of update, or inaccurate, so maybe it would be good to have a button
which could be clicked to edit the description.

Application Update Upload Button - When looking through UNNA I found
that a number of applications had much older versions that what is
currently available, so maybe it would be good if there was a link much
like 'Submit a Description,' where you could upload a new version of
the app rather than uploading the new version to the queue. I have
done that with a number of packages recently such as MAD Max.

It's really Victor's site, so it's up to him, but these are just some
ideas.

-Jeffrey McMurtrie