Re: [NTLK] password breaker-Emate

From: Patrick Jendraszak (indyibook_at_insightbb.com)
Date: Wed May 26 2004 - 04:35:59 PDT

Ryan,

 If you donšt know the teacher password or you forget your password, as far
as I know your only option is to do a hard reset --however, this erases all
data and information on the eMate and sets it back to factory condition and
removes the password.

To do a hard reset--

    1. Remove any PCMCIA Card from the eMate.

    2. Press and hold down the Power key on the keyboard and then
press the Reset button on the bottom of the eMate.

    3. Continue holding down the Power key until a message appears
asking if you want to erase your data completely.

    4. Tap YES --ALL INFORMATION WILL BE ERASED ON THE EMATE AND IT
WILL DEFAULT TO THE FACTORY SETUP.

    5. Now you can re-insert a PC card and restore settings and
applications.

Of course, applications in the ROM of the unit are still there and, I
believe that on an eMate, that includes Newton Works.

I hope that this helps.

--
Patrick Jendraszak
Indianapolis, IN