[NTLK] "Sharp toy"!

From: MKow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Wed May 26 2004 - 13:58:22 PDT

I'll admit that the Zaurus 6000 series looks to be a pretty nice mobile
enterprise tool. However, I feel that Sharp could have added a bit more to the
device, to make it palatable to consumers. Why isn't there a hard drive? Hard
drives have come down so much in price and sizing. A "partionable" hard drive
would be really nice, theoretically allowing one to run Linux and have an
optional alternate OS, such as Windows CE, or "something else". Also, a hard drive
would dramatically increase storage capacity, allowing the device to double
as a mobile MP3 player and MPEG movie viewer. I wonder how this device would
take to a CF adaptor and microdrive? Anyway, I'm sure there's some stupid
marketing reason behind Sharp's choice of acoutrements for this device...

Matt K.