Re: [NTLK] eMate disassembly - do I *have* to de-solder?/my ematejust came

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Thu May 27 2004 - 10:08:44 PDT

On May 27, 2004, at 9:35 AM, Dan wrote:

> Glad I am not the only one, I guess T8 is a odd size. Looks like I
> will
> have to go pick up a set or will drop by Sears for a T8 bit, probaly
> will do
> the latter as it is cheaper ( or should be at least).

You PC guys... I have four of these. One I carry in my tool bag,
along with a couple little phillips and 1 little flat blade, One I
leave over at the shop, and the two that came with Newertech emate
upgrade (this was a little L shaped type). This was a nice bonus with
the Newertech upgrades.

The Sears reference is a good one, as that is where I found one of
mine, while on a trip I was asked to repair a PBG3 (wallstreet) which
had the Power connecter pulled from the MB. I spent several hours
searching around the town looking for a t8, Sears Hardware was the
ticket.

I recommend buying a good one of these... I am notoriously cheap, but
tools are not an area where I hold back on spending.

marty